OVERVIEWKAISAHAN's occasional paper is a research output or reflection on agrarian reform and local governance authored by the academe and social development practitioners involved in KAISAHAN's work.
The Road to Democratization
Partnerships, Planning and Participation in Surallah Nina T. Iszatt September 2002
pdf download 1.73MB
This paper describes Surallah of South Cotabato in involving the community in the development planning. It is divided into four sections, the first is introduction to Surallah and how and why the LGU-NGO partnership was formed. Section two describes the BDP-PRA and the barangay administration day, section three looks at the impact of BDP-PRA on the municipality of Surallah. The concluding part summarizes the benefits and limitations of Barangay Development Planning through Participatory Resource Appraisal given to the context of the LGU-NGO partnership.
pdf download 4.43MB
This paper gives information on DAR Secretary Horacio Morales administration that consists of failure in land redistribution; assigning un-experienced and unqualified advisers, lack of a consistent redistributive land reform strategy and creating unpopular policies among farmers and landowners.
Democratic Participation in Governance in multiple lanes of engagement between the state, social movements and civil society Tomasito S. Villarin October 2002 (a)
This paper attempts to add more debate on decentralization by providing insights from collective experiences of stakeholders and farmers on linking participation and democratic governance. It provides theoretical framework for weaving the multiple lanes and linking up participation in political decentralization.
- Stealing from Myself 2000 August
- Discretionary Justice 2000 June
- Quieting Democratic Local... 2000 May
- The Philippine Experience... 1999 June
- The Mapalad Farmers... 1999 March
- People's Participation... 1998 December
- The Legal Rationale... 1998 July
- Dynamics, Patterns... 1998 March
- Mapalad in Retrospect... 1998 February
- Land Tenure Status... 1997 November
- Blending Democracy... 1997 January
- 1996 LGC Review... 1996 June
- Agrarian Reform in Negros... 1996 May
- Sustainable Communities... 1995 March
- Local Governance in Action... 1994 June
- Reversal of Courttune... 1994 February
- A Workable Agrarian... 1992 September
- Agricultural Leasehold... 1992 August
- A Critique of Agrarian... 1992 July
- The DAR as an Arena... 1991 June
- The Future of Agrarian... 1991 2nd Quarter
- What Difference Can... 1991 1st Quarter